Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My better self.

Today's been a pretty easy day. The kids had a nice breakfast and painted picture's this morning. All of us have been in a great mood today! The kids had a bath and watched a Disney movie after. I made a few video's today with all the photo's from last year, I will post them soon!

So lately when making personal decisions I have been asking myself this question ... is this really good for my heart and my soul? As strange as a question as that is, I really think it is something we all should ask ourselves daily. Especially when making everyday decisions. If it is beneficial in a positive way and it will make you a better individual then do it.  I've been working out a lot lately, signed up for a few 5k's and mud runs, and I recently started juicing my fruits and vegetables. These few decisions that I have made for myself are truly good for my heart and my soul. All of these things make me feel awesome about myself. There are many things that I did growing up that were not that bright, I know I should have thought decisions out more and weighed their benefits ... but rather than sit and dwell on them and wish I had done things differently in my life and wish things were different, I have decided to push forward and be "my better self."

My FIRST 5k
 Spartan Race 2011
 Teamwork
 Only 70 percent of the people completed this race.
 Took me 2.5 hours to complete
My better self

No comments:

Post a Comment